Pages

Sunday, July 11, 2010

Feeling crafty and church news

Yesterday for the first time I got my stuff out and created something. I had no idea what it was going to be when I first started but I ended up with this:

I know everyone is making these, but they are so awesome, and I really love fabric flowers, so why not? Isabella loved it too and she wore it the whole day and everywhere we went, people asked where I got it from, so it's specially nice to say I made it myself.
(I must say photos are not great as I have not got a camera and I have been taking photos with my Iphone)

Once the girls start school next week I will have a bit more time to start all my crafty projects, I have been craving for some crafty time - but it is specially hard to do anything when the kids are around.

I have been here for three weeks now and I can say that we found a church to go to. This is such a relief, we can start to become part of a family again. It's amazing how God's people embrace you just because you love Jesus! No matter who you are or where you are from (cheesy Backstreet Boys song, hehe).
Last Sunday we went to the Mount Gambier Baptist Church and I was truly overwhelmed by people's friendliness. Everyone took their time to come and introduce themselves and talk. So we were the last ones to go home, I think for a first visit that is pretty good. We were invited for lunch, for dinner and a birthday party! We couldn't go for lunch as Jason was busy, but dinner and birthday party was great, it is so good to meet some people, people you get along with and have lots in common with!
So we went back to the same church yesterday, and again, people are so friendly! So we got a couple more invitations and met some more people. I don't think there is a better way of connecting with people and forming friendships. I just feel like one of them, there were no clicks, no exclusion because we are new, they made us feel welcomed, no matter what!

A new commandment I give unto you, That ye love one another; as I have loved you, that ye also love one another. By this shall all [men] know that ye are my disciples, if ye have love one to another.

John 13:34-35


PS. I am linking up to:

The Girl Creative

:) Leave a comment if you feel like it!

2 comments:

  1. I also love making various fabric flowers - there are just so many options!

    And there's nothing better than feeling welcomed into a church family where people sincerely care for you, glad you found a church you're digging! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love making fabric flowers too! :) I'm glad your settling in so well.

    ReplyDelete