Pages

Sunday, June 13, 2010

The weekend, obsessions and my blog

As you might have noted, I have an issue with my blog templates. I get sick of them really easy and I keep changing all the time. I think it really depends on how I feel - if the template does not suit, I will change it. But there are not many places to find free templates so I am not entirely happy with any of them for some reason....
Anyways.
My weekend was awesome.
Saturday night the ladies from our church had a farewell for me, we had a fruit fondue night and karaoke. It was so much fun, I can't sing to save myself but I sang my heart out, top of my lungs type of singing. It was not pretty but I had a blast. I was really glad my awesome friend had no neighbours close by, otherwise noise control would have been involved in the evening at some stage. But top of lungs type of singing is the best way to sing. And sing I did.
At some point, they had a little speech and made me cry. I will so miss my church sisters. They have been great throughout the years, offering their friendship, their houses, their shoulders, their ears. I want to thank each and everyone one of you just for being who you are, you guys have been great friends and I hope your bond carries on and I hope you guys carry on blessing each other like you have blessed me. My prayer is that I God prepares a church family like this for us over in Australia. We're all part of His family and the bond we all share is somethings that only we can understand (typing as I sob....)
This weekend I have been so very crafty and it is such a shame I don't have a camera to take photos and show you guys what I have been up to. I bought a plain black fabric bag and make fabric flowers to go on it. I also made a fabric flower headband for myself, some fabric bracelets and a rosette ring. I love to be creative and make stuff and this weekend I have done lots of it. Very therapeutic indeed.
I seriously need to stop typing as my fingers are frozen. All of you in the northern hemisphere, where it's nice and warm and you have been swimming and enjoying the sunshine.... I hate you. Well, no I don't. I am just joking. But I seriously envy you.... in a good way of course.

4 comments:

  1. I totally know what you mean about the templates, I changed mine today too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used to change my blog A LOT, but I recently had Faith at walkwithmebyfaith.blogspot.com remake it for me and she did such a fantastic job. I love it and have no desire to change it right now. That is a good thing.

    I think your blog is always so cute.

    Have a Blessed week and keep up that craftiness. I'd love to see some pics sometime. I love to be crafty!!!

    Love and hugs ~~ Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you have a great group of supportive friends. I hope you will find a similar group when you move!

    ReplyDelete
  4. yes, i am sure you will have another group. I am sorry your move is hard on you. I am grateful that Gos has a plan for us and we get a lot of blessings. I am glad you see his hand in your life. Hugs from me. I am glad you made some crafts. It always make me happy when i do :)
    Frenchy

    ReplyDelete